Hello everyone!Today I would like to share with all of you that I have been honoured with the Sunshine Blogger Award. I feel grateful to know that my posts are striking a chord with my readers and fellow bloggers.
I am thankful to Jyoti107 for nominating me. Do check out her blog, I am sure you will enjoy her writing.
The Sunshine Blogger Award is peer recognition for bloggers who inspire, are creative and spread positivity.
Rules for the Award
1.Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog.
2.Answer the 11 questions you have been asked.
3.Nominate 11 bloggers and ask them 11 questions.
4.Inform your nominees through commenting on their post.
5.Display the rules and the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post.
So here are Jyoti’s questions:
1. What is your favourite pastime?
I love reading novels and of course, writing. Writing is more of a passion, a means of self-expression rather than a mere pastime, but I enjoy it all the same, so yeah, it can qualify as a pastime nevertheless!
2. What is your favourite food and why?
Well, this is a tough one, as I have a lot of favourites ranging from Bruschetta and Pizza to good old Butter Chicken. So can’t really name a single one🙈
3. What is the craziest thing you have ever done?
Well, I have drenched myself in the first showers of rain inspite of being unwell, because it was ‘fun’. And yes, this one is actually funny. I was the class monitor in school and my duty was to write names of the talkative students on the board.So I would keep putting the name of my crush on this ‘black list’ even if he wasn’t talking, just to get him to argue with me. Well, I know what you’re thinking, ‘ it can’t get any sillier than this!’🙈😂 And of course, THE craziest thing I often do is this- I stay up late to study for a test the next day. And incidentally, this is when I feel the most creative and poetic, so I shamelessly write verses at 1 am when I’m supposed to be studying.Why do I do this to myself? ‘Because I’m in the flow!’Go figure.
4. If given a choice, which superpower would you like to have?
I would like to have the superpower of reading someone’s mind if I want to. Not all the time and not each and every person, as I think it can become more of a hindrance than a superpower. But yes, it would save a lot of overthinking and confusion if I had such a superpower to use at my discretion.
5. Which is your favourite character in any book or movie?
A fictional character I literally fell for is Augustus Waters from the novel ‘The Fault in our Stars’ by John Green. The charismatic, funny yet deep metaphorically inclined Augustus really resonated with me. I remember writing 30 pages about Augustus and my musings about the book in my diary, titling it ‘Crazy Reflections!’.
6. 3 things that scare you most.
Well, I am scared of oblivion, as a matter of fact.Also, I am sometimes scared of the unknown, but this is tricky, as I also find comfort in the unknown.So well, depends. Moving on to lighthearted things, I am scared of pets-dogs, cats et cetera( no offence to anyone, they are cute and everything,if you insist that is, but from afar)
7. Who is your favourite actor and actress?
Well, for me this actually depends on the movie and the particular character being played, so it’s a tough one, but some of my favourites are Tom Hiddleston,Benedict Cumberbatch, Hugh Grant and Julia Roberts.
8. The places you like to visit.
Well, if you mean locally, I like going around Powai( which is where I live in Mumbai)- shopping,trying out new restaurants and the like. BKC is cool too. Being a nature lover, I like places of scenic beauty as well. For holidaying, I really loved London, it’s a beautiful place.So is Cambridge, it has a peaceful vibe to it, away from the usual hustle-bustle. Singapore, Hong Kong and Dubai were wonderful too, but UK felt familiar yet surreal.(just a personal opinion)
9. What was the happiest moment of your life?
At times, the happiest moments are the little, seemingly insignificant ones that give a lot of joy to the heart.But let’s not delve into those now, I’ll rather answer this question keeping with social conventions.So yeah,I would like to share two such moments when I felt the happiest and truly blessed. One was when I got a perfect score- 120/120 in the TOEFL Exam and when I received an admit letter from my dream university.
10. Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging to create a space for my source of bliss-writing. I actually started blogging back in seventh grade, but I had a different blog then.(http://www.lairaiwrites.blogspot.com) Since writing is something I have enjoyed since childhood, I naturally felt inclined to start blogging.
11. If you were to change your name, what would you like to be called?
Haha okay…frankly speaking, I can’t even imagine being called anything else, I really love my name. If I were to come up with a random name for the sake of answering this question, I think Hermione would be cool ( as she is one of my favourite characters from the Harry Potter series)
My nominees for the Sunshine Blogger Award are:
1. Ianus Christius- libertasnova.wordpress.com
2. Lazarus Shatipamba- thepoetspeace.wordpress.com
3. The Typewriter,Thoughtsmith- debbydiva72.wordpress.com
4. Abhin Thulasidas- abhinthulasidas.home.blog
5. Davidjhopcroft, Park Bench Tales and other writings- davidhopcroft.wordpress.com
6. Susanneharring, Viking Girl Adventures- vikinggirladventures.com
7. Julie de Rohan- juliederohan.com
8. Mangled Moon Child- mangledmoonchild.wordpress.com
9. Sudden Denouement Literary Collective- suddendenouement.com
10. Vintage Retro Man- vintageretroman.com
11. Jeni G.J- crumpledpieceofpaper.wordpress.com
My questions for the nominees are:
1.How would you describe yourself in one sentence?
2.What is your favourite novel and why?
3. Share any quotation close to your heart.
4. Do you believe in Life-after-Death?Why or why not?
5. Do you believe there is a higher purpose to our existence as humans?
6. What is the one thing you would definitely like to do before you die?
7. What brings you the utmost joy?
8. How do you deal with things not going your way?
9. What’s your favourite band?
10.Share any song close to your heart.
11.If you were given an opportunity to resurrect any historical figure for a day, who would it be and why?
Alright then, have a fantastic day ahead!